Sunday 8 August 2010

Week 1 of 80

I did it! Well, the first goal anyway, which was to do 8 miles today (Sunday), only another 240 or so to go... In actual fact, I surpassed the 8 miles with a 9.4 mile mini-circuit of the island on Friday - happily one of the stillest days we've had. Today's 8 miles was considerably windier but the promise of a cake stop half way kept me going! All in all this week I've done just over 35 miles which for the first week on a bike in over 10 years isn't bad really, though obviously a long long way to go still. I'm done with the Tiree cycling for now as I'm back home to Birmingham tomorrow but aiming to get my own bike sorted out before the end of August so that I can really get going. It'll be back to the gym until then - not quite the beautiful scenery I've had this week though.

So signing off from Tiree with thanks to Will at Tiree Fitness for the bikes, and to Chocolate and Charms, the Scarinish Hotel Bar, the cake ladies at Hynish, and of course Mum, for the sustenance on the way, and to Dad for the company and encouragement.

Please visit my fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/mimcycleskenya or check back to this page regularly for other events which will be going on over the next 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment