Monday 2 August 2010

And the challenge begins...

I recently made one of the crazier commitments of my life so far - to cycle 400km across Kenya in the Women V Cancer charity challenge. Now admittedly I have until February 2012 to train for this event but, as those who know me will recognise, at the time of writing I am incredibly unfit and, until 2 days ago, had not been on a bike in 10+ years - in short, not your most likely candidate for a challenge of this nature. Still, I've never been one to follow the expected route in life.

So here begins the challenge - a three-fold challenge according to the information pack sent to me by Action 4 Charity. Challenge 1 - fundraise to the tune of £2,800 (minimum) in aid of some very worthy causes (Breast Cancer Care, Jo's Cervical Cancer Trust, Ovarian Cancer Action). Challenge 2 - serious training to get me to a point where I can even contemplate 400km in the saddle. Challenge 3 - actually complete the ride. Not much then...

I will be updating this blog regularly over the next year and a half so you can follow my progress towards all three aspects of this challenge. I will also keep you updated on the amazing work of the charities I am supporting. Cancer affects us all at some point in our journey and the work that these charities do could change your life or that of someone you know.

Please visit my fundraising page at www.justgiving.com/mimcycleskenya or check back to this page regularly for other events which will be going on over the next 18 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment